Saturday, March 26, 2011

Have my cake and eat it too.

I love love love wedding cakes, for the designs, taste and orginality. So ladies lets take poll when you were (or are) picking out your wedding cake do you ask the groom for his opinion?....let me guess you don't. Ok..we can tell from the picture that this blushing bride felt the same way. Through the years, the wedding cake has become the focus of a variety of  wedding customs and traditions. I was reading that in back in Roman Empire the bride and groom would use a loaf of barley bread, the groom would eat some and break the remaining bread over brides head. Could you imagine this groom breaking this cake over her head. Ladies lets be fair and share that special day, at least let him pick the flavor of the cake!  Dia dhuit (means: God be with you in Irish Gaelic I am learning for my trip to Ireland...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment