Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DIY done!

My stencil project is done!!!

I am so pleased I must mention courtneyoutloud.com his blog gave me this awesome idea, He gave such expert advice on this from his wall that was done. I always wanted an accent wall but I didn't just want a different color like normal designers would use. I was even thinking of using wallpaper, but after pricing that changed real quick $80.00 per roll not me! my wall would need (2) rolls.... plus the thought of having wallpaper glued to my wall, what if I get tired of it etc... So I opted for a stencil if I want to change the color its just a quick paint over, but I love it - so its a keeper!  this entire project cost me $75.00 for stencil, paint, adhesive, rollers, frog tape. Quick tip I would advise using a smooth foam paint roller, this makes the stencil glide on nice and smooth, no blotches.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I went with Martha Stewart paint - vintage antique gold with a nice metallic sheen.
The Easy Tack adhesive was for the stencil, once you spray this on the back it cuts the time of always having to use the blue tap. This adhesive doesn't stick to the wall or the stencil pulls right off, but you can keep using and using, maybe have to spray the easy tack one or two more times, in a well ventilated area!!
 
 
Start with a nice clean wall. I had to work around my chandelier because I didn't want to move it. The stencil comes with a guide so its basically a goof proof project, all you have to worry about is keeping the design straight. I would suggest having some sort of leveler available.



Once you have the first row done, just keep moving left to right why? because that allows one side to dry why you are working on the other side. See the beautiful antique sheen in this paint. Martha Stewart has several colors in Home Depot. I went with this vintage antique gold because of my bathroom paint color and a silver just would not have looked good.
 
 

 
So we started on Sunday right after church and did the remaining corners and peak of ceiling the next day. We had to figure out the corners and once we did it turned out amazing. the corners and sides can be trick but you can bend the stencil.
So this is the final results, I love the stencil with my claw foot tub and chandelier what do you think?
 
 
Here is a side by side. Once we got use to the Easy tack adhesive that blue painters tape said
bye bye!!
 
FYI you will need green frog tape for the sides, only because you don't want to pull any paint of the rest of your walls. Green frog tape works great!
 
Happy Stenciling!!!
XOXOXO
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment